The Benefits of Using an Online Press Release Distribution Service
Are you a seasoned professional when it comes to writing a press release that gets noticed? Have you used this marketing strategy in the past to generate attention for your company or a particular event?
If you answered yes to both these questions, you are well aware of what a well-crafted press release can do for your business.
Of course, you are also aware of the time that goes into writing a release, distributing it on your own, and tracking the results.
As a small business owner, for example, you may not have the money to hire a marketing professional or the time to write press releases on a regular basis. Subsequently, this gets put on the backburner time after time.
Fortunately, there is an answer to all your problems. Rather than put all the pressure on yourself, you can turn to an online press release distribution service.
With the help of a professional service, the only thing you have to worry about is writing the release. You can either do this yourself or hire a freelancer to assist you. From there, everything else comes easy. Submit your release, choose the publication date, and wait for news outlets all over the world to pick up your story. Does it get any easier than that?
Five Benefits of an Online Press Release Distribution Service
The ability to streamline and speed up the publication of your press release is the primary benefit of using an online service. However, there are other benefits to keep in mind. Here are five that you don’t want to overlook:
- Save time for other essential tasks. Although you understand the benefits of press release distribution, if you don’t have the time to do this on your own you may begin to slack off.
With an online service, this is never a concern. As noted above, your only task is to write the release and upload it to the system. Everything else is taken care of for you.
Imagine how much time you can save when you never again have to contact countless media outlets with your release.
Note: even if you spend an entire day contacting media outlets regarding your release, you will be lucky to touch base with a handful of people. Through an online service, your release can be sent out to hundreds upon hundreds of outlets, both local and national, within a matter of minutes.
- Inexpensive for what you get in return. Marketing is the lifeblood of any business. For this reason, you need to keep enough money in your budget for marketing related tasks, including press release distribution.
When you consider what you get in return, paying a distribution service is well worth the money.
Not only are you getting your news release in front of hundreds of outlets, but you don’t have to spend your time doing so. Additionally, there are SEO benefits that should never be overlooked.
- Having a release go viral is a real possibility. The only thing better than having 50 new outlets pick up your release is when it goes viral and lands on 500 + websites.
Due to the sheer number of submissions, the chance of your release going viral, when compared to a “do it yourself” approach, is much greater.
Think about it this way: the more outlets that pick up your release the more people there are reading what you have to say. In turn, the chance of these people sharing the information is much greater.
- Automation. When you distribute your own press releases, it is not uncommon to stay on track for a couple of weeks and then forget about this strategy for a few months.
An online service can help automate this task. Imagine this: you write four press releases at the beginning of the month. From there, you can schedule the distribution of one release per week throughout the month. In other words, once you write and submit the releases you are set for the next 30 days or so.
- Track the results of your efforts. When you take on this task without any outside help, tracking the results is hit or miss. Sure, you may find out when your release is published but there is a good chance this will slip through the cracks. On top of this, you never know for sure what is and is not working.
The best online press release distribution services provide tools for tracking your results. You will receive statistics regarding:
- Number of outlets that published your release
- Name of the outlets that published your release
- A list of URLs pointing towards each published release
The benefits associated with the use of the “modern press release” are not something you want to overlook. In fact, you should spend a lot of time deciding how this can help you take your business to the next level.
If you have written and distributed press releases in the past, you already know what it takes to achieve success. Now, it is time to focus on the benefits of online distribution. Soon enough, you may find your business skyrocketing as a direct result.